Friday, November 13, 2009

Progress Report

Well, the rocks have now been in the medium stage (120/220 grit) and an overnight wash in borax. Here's how they're doing so far.

This was taken outside just before sunset so the angle of the light was too low. We took the next two inside.


I'm excited to see how these will turn out since they are already starting to take a shine. This level of shine is about the best you will probably get even after the polish stage if you follow the directions that come with a tumbler. This is why I'm really glad that I found the rock tumbling hobby forum. Now it's on to the fine stage (500 grit) for two more weeks.

Here's my two year old son getting pictures taken of his rocks. He loves to "help" me when I work on my rocks. I give him his own rocks now that he plays with while I play with mine. He loves rocks. We have a great time together.

1 comment: